This report is not a personal recommendation and does not take into account your personal circumstances or appetite for risk.
Accendo Press Quotes – Week Ending 13 July 2018
« Back to Category
Friday, 13 July
- “We’ve got that split again where the UK Index is not necessarily rallying on massive confidence and risk appetite but … more to do with sterling weakness that anything else,” said Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets. “But the resilience is still there.”
- https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-stocks/UK Index -gets-sterling-boost-as-earnings-shuffle-into-view-idUKKBN1K3148
Thursday, 12 July
- Artjom Hatsaturjants, Research Analyst at Accendo Markets says: “The UK Index has staged a strong rebound, retracing nearly all of yesterday’s sell-off. All the while Donald Trump continues to play the disruptive ‘cat’ amongst the rest of NATO ‘pigeon’ allies. Sentiment improved despite continued uncertainty on whether US and China still have each other in trade cross-hairs, or if negotiators are ready to sit down again.”
Wednesday, 11 July
Latin American Herald Tribune
- Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets, said the fact that shares remain well above GBP14 suggests “the story might still have legs,” and investors may be speculating that Disney could come in with a yet-higher offer.
Tuesday, 10 July
This is Money
- ‘The company blames FX headwinds and increased broker compensation for undershooting profits expectations, but the profits warning itself was small fries compared to the announcement that the company was reducing its merger synergy targets from £100m to £75m by end of 2019,’ explained Artjom Hatsaturjants, research analyst at Accendo Markets
Monday, 9 July
- ‘It’s unwelcome timing for the prime minister ahead of the UK’s white paper on Brexit, and before crucial talks with Brussels, but markets welcome the removal of a major impediment to a pro-business ‘soft Brexit’,’ Mike van Dulken of Accendo Markets commented on Davis’ walk-out.
- http://citywire.co.uk/money/UK Index -steams-ahead-as-us-jobs-data-cheers-markets/a1136560
This research is produced by Accendo Markets Limited. Research produced and disseminated by Accendo Markets is classified as non-independent research, and is therefore a marketing communication. This investment research has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote its independence and it is not subject to the prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. This research does not constitute a personal recommendation or offer to enter into a transaction or an investment, and is produced and distributed for information purposes only.
Accendo Markets considers opinions and information contained within the research to be valid when published, and gives no warranty as to the investments referred to in this material. The income from the investments referred to may go down as well as up, and investors may realise losses on investments. The past performance of a particular investment is not necessarily a guide to its future performance.
Prepared by Michael van Dulken, Head of Research