This report is not a personal recommendation and does not take into account your personal circumstances or appetite for risk.
Accendo Press Quotes – Week Ending 10 August 2018
« Back to Category
Thursday, 10 August
- The euro zone doesn’t need more risks on the table, says Mike van Dulken, head of research at Accendo Markets.
Thursday, 9 August
London South East
- Accendo Markets analyst Mike van Dulken said: “Trade concerns remain to the fore, and not just between the US and China, with Washington set to slap more sanctions on Russia. Ahead of mid-term elections, this may help Trump look tougher vis-a-vis the Kremlin, distancing himself from Putin and, he will hope, allegations of collusion.”
- Michael van Dulken, analyst at Accendo Markets, said: “The UK 100 is back testing 7,720 overnight lows. Will 3-week intersecting support at 7,715 hold up?”
- http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/market_reports/202548/UK Index -100-recovers-weighed-down-by-ex-dividend-status-of-big-payers-202548.html
Wednesday, 8 August
- “It’s more to do with an extension of sterling weakness as fears over a disorderly Brexit grow, offering a perverse benefit to the UK Index ’s significant global exposure, especially defensives,” said Artjom Hatsaturjants at Accendo Markets.
- https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-stocks/sterling-helps-UK Index -to-8-week-high-idUKKBN1KT0XT
- “With Iranian oil exports down 7% in July, for a third consecutive month of declines, and after the US decision to impose further sanctions on Iran’s oil industry, this would (provide) yet further evidence of a tight global oil market which could move both barrel prices and UK Index Energy names,” Accendo Markets’ Mike van Dulken and Artjom Hatsaturjants said in a note.
- https://uk.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/UK Index -extends-gains-as-oil-stocks-power-ahead-housebuilders-fall-1277198
Tuesday, 7 August
This is Money
- Artjom Hatsaturjants, research analyst at Accendo Markets, said: ‘For trading platforms like Hargreaves Lansdown, it’s the business inflows that can make or break the results day reaction.
Monday, 6 August
This is Money
- Mike van Dulken at Accendo Markets commented: ‘Trade concerns continue to buffet market sentiment, with the US and China taking turns to threaten further tariffs. Fresh GBP weakness is a help, a product of both a possible no-deal Brexit and USD strength, itself derived from a safe haven seeking (world reserve currency), the Fed hiking and China’s renminbi weakening.’
- http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-6030537/UK Index -LIVE-HSBC-profits-rise-digital-overhaul-gets-underway-Sterling-starts-week-doldrums.html
This research is produced by Accendo Markets Limited. Research produced and disseminated by Accendo Markets is classified as non-independent research, and is therefore a marketing communication. This investment research has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote its independence and it is not subject to the prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. This research does not constitute a personal recommendation or offer to enter into a transaction or an investment, and is produced and distributed for information purposes only.
Accendo Markets considers opinions and information contained within the research to be valid when published, and gives no warranty as to the investments referred to in this material. The income from the investments referred to may go down as well as up, and investors may realise losses on investments. The past performance of a particular investment is not necessarily a guide to its future performance.
Prepared by Michael van Dulken, Head of Research