Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Tullow Oil share price more attractive?
- Panmure upgrades to Buy and ups its target to 255p
- Consensus summary: 14 Buys, 8 Holds, 1 Sell; Average target: 257p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 206p (at time of writing).
- Shares -1.7% from 2019 highs; +34.2% from 2019 lows; +27.8% year-to date
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Tullow Oil – An Example
Let’s say you think that Tullow shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Tullow using a CFD, at the current price of 206p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Tullow share price rises to 250p (+21%). Your profit would be £2100 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Tullow shares fall 5% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.