Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Standard Chartered share price more attractive?
- Numis upgrades to Add, with a target price of 720p.
- Consensus: 12 Buys, 8 Holds, 9 Sell; Avg target: 675p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 615p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will the upgrade push them towards 705p recent highs?
- Shares -4% from 2019 highs; +5.5% from 2019 lows; +0.9% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Standard Chartered – An Example
Let’s say you think that Standard Chartered shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Standard Chartered using a CFD, at the current price of 615p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Standard Chartered share price rises to 705p recent highs (+14.6%). Your profit would be £1460 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Standard Chartered shares fall 5% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.