St James’s Place
Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the St James’s Place share price more attractive?
- Redburn initiates coverage at Buy but with no target price.
- Consensus: 14 Buys, 7 Holds, 0 Sell; Avg target: 1246p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 1151p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will the upgrade push them towards 1279p highs?
- Shares -0.2% from 2019 highs; +25% from 2019 lows; +21.8% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading St James’s Place – An Example
Let’s say you think that St James’s Place shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of St James’s Place using a CFD, at the current price of 1151p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the St James’s Place share price rises to 1279p (+11%). Your profit would be £1100 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. St James’s Place shares fall 3% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.