Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Shell share price more attractive?
- Deutsche Bank upgrades to Buy with a target price of 2700p.
- Consensus: 12 Buys, 6 Holds, 1 Sell; Avg target: 2830p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 2479p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will the upgrade push them towards 2716p Oct highs?
- Shares -2.9% from 2019 highs; +11.3% from 2019 lows; +5.9% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Shell – An Example
Let’s say you think that Shell shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Shell using a CFD, at the current price of 2479p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Shell share price rises to 2716p Oct highs (+9.5%). Your profit would be £950 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Shell shares fall 3% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.