Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Quilter share price more attractive?
- JP Morgan upgrades to Overweight, with a target price of 180p.
- Consensus: 6 Buys, 3 Holds, 1 Sell; Avg target: 143p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 140p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will the upgrade push them towards 155p recent highs?
- Shares -3.4% from 2019 highs; +22.9% from 2019 lows; +19.1% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Quilter – An Example
Let’s say you think that Quilter shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Quilter using a CFD, at the current price of 1450p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Quilter share price rises to 155p recent highs (+10.7%). Your profit would be £1070 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Quilter shares fall 3% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.