Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the John Wood share price more attractive?
- Berenberg upgrades to Buy with a target of 590p.
- Consensus summary: 9 Buys, 4 Holds, 3 Sell; Average target: 629p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 493p (at time of writing).
- Shares -18.8% from 2019 highs; +29.9% from 2019 lows; -2.5% year-to date
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading John Wood – An Example
Let’s say you think that John Wood shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of John Wood using a CFD, at the current price of 493p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the John Wood share price rises to 595p (+20%). Your profit would be £2000 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. John Wood shares continue their downtrend, they fall 5% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.