Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the InterContinental Hotels share price more attractive?
- Berenberg upgrades to Buy with a target price of 5300p.
- Consensus: 5 Buys, 9 Holds, 7 Sell; Avg target: 4790p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 4938p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will they rally back to 5258p?
- Shares -2.3% from 2019 highs; +16.9% from 2019 lows; +10.8% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading InterContinental Hotels – An Example
Let’s say you think that InterContinental Hotels shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of InterContinental Hotels using a CFD, at the current price of 4938p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the InterContinental Hotels share price rises to 5258p (+6.4%). Your profit would be £640 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. InterContinental Hotels shares fall 3% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation