Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Hammerson share price more attractive?
- Numis upgrades to Buy, with a price target of 353p.
- Consensus summary: 9 Buys, 8 Holds, 5 Sell; Average target: 313p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 290p (at time of writing).
- Shares currently trade -26.8% from 2019 highs; +10.6% from 2019 lows; -11.9% year-to date
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Hammerson – An Example
Let’s say you think that Hammerson shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Hammerson using a CFD, at the current price of 290p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Hammerson share price rises to the consensus target of 385p (+32%). Your profit would be £3200 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Hammerson shares fall 5% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.