Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Aston Martin share price more attractive?
- Redburn starts coverage at Buy; no target price.
- Consensus summary: 7 Buys, 4 Holds, 1 Sell; Average target: 1346p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 990p (at time of writing).
- Shares -27.9% from 2019 highs; +25.4% from 2019 lows; -19% year-to date
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Aston Martin – An Example
Let’s say you think that Aston Martin shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Aston Martin using a CFD, at the current price of 990p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Aston Martin share price rises to the consesus target of 1346p (+35%). Your profit would be £3,500 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 7% from the current price. Aston Martin shares fall 7% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £700.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.