Does this Upgrade present an opportunity for you?
Is it irrelevant, or will the Upgrade make the Antofagasta share price more attractive?
- AlphaValue upgrades to Buy with a target price of 995p.
- Consensus: 11 Buys, 7 Holds, 7 Sell; Avg target: 951p (Source: Bloomberg).
- Current share price 821p (at time of writing).
- Will the shares turn back, or will the upgrade push them towards 1022p Apr highs?
- Shares -19.9% from 2019 highs; +12.9% from 2019 lows; +4.9% year-to date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Antofagasta – An Example
Let’s say you think that Antofagasta shares have upside potential as result of this broker upgrade. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Antofagasta using a CFD, at the current price of 821p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Antofagasta share price rises to 1022p Apr highs (+24%). Your profit would be £2400 from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Antofagasta shares fall 5% and hit your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.