A trading opportunity for you?
Will Persimmon break support, or will it rise again to 2479p (+24%)
- Shares down 24% from recent highs; 2 touches off rising support.
- Now trading 1903p (at time of writing)
- Will the pattern repeat itself, rising back to recent levels of 2479p (+24%)
- Shares at -24% from 2019 highs; trading 1% off 2019 year lows
- 10th July – Sector peer Barratt Developments report
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires
Trading Persimmon – An Example
Let’s say you like the Persimmon support, you think it’s heading back up to 2479p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Persimmon using a CFD, at the current price of 1903p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Persimmon rises back to 2479p (+24%). Your profit would be £2,400, from your initial investment of £2000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Persimmon falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.