A trading opportunity for you?
Will Man Group break support, or will it rise again to 148p?
- Shallow rising support at 141p, trading 142p (at time of writing).
- Will the pattern repeat, the shares climbing back towards 148p highs?
- Shares -35.2% from 2018 highs; +14.4% from 2018 lows; +6.7% year-to-date.
- 22 Oct: UBS upgrades to Buy saying share fall implies unrealistically low fees
- 19 Oct: Man Group launches $100m share buyback to return asset sale proceeds
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Man Group – An Example
Let’s say you like the Man Group chart and you think the price is heading back towards 148p again. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Man Group using a CFD, at the current price of 142p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Man Group rises back to 148p (+4.2%). Your profit would be £1410, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 2% from the current price. Man Group falls 2% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £200.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.