A trading opportunity for you?
Will Barratt Developments break support, or will it rise again back to 519p late Nov highs?
- Barratt Developments has rising support since late December.
- Bounced 3 times, latest bounce off 471p today.
- Currently trading at 479p (at time of writing).
- 8 Jan: Housebuilders could be sensitive to Dec Halifax House Prices beating estimates (+1.3% YoY vs. +0.4% est. vs. +0.3% in Nov)
- Shares -1.1% from 2019 highs; +5.8% from 2019 lows;+3.2% year-to-date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Barratt Developments – An Example
Let’s say you like the Barratt Developments range, you think it’s heading back towards 519p again. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Barratt Developments using a CFD, at the current price of 479p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Barratt Developments rises back to 519p (+8.3%). Your profit would be £830, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 4% from the current price. Barratt Developments falls 4% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £400.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.