Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
UDG Healthcare reports H1 Results on Tuesday, 21 May
- Last time UDG Healthcare reported: Q1 Trading Update, 29 Jan.
- The shares rose as much as 11.4% in a daily range of 49.5p or 8.9%.
- Shares -12% from 2019 highs; +31.3% from 2019 lows; +25.1% year-to-date.
- Currently 667p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading UDG Healthcare – An Example
Let’s say you think that UDG Healthcare results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of UDG Healthcare using CFDs, at the current price of 667p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume UDG Healthcare reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. UDG Healthcare results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.