Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
TUI publishes Q1 Results on Tues, 12 Feb.
- Last time TUI reported: FY Results, 13 Dec.
- The shares closed +4.5% for a daily range of 51p or 4.5%.
- Shares -34.8% from 2018 highs; +10.1% from 2018 lows; -15.0% year-to-date.
- Currently 955p (at time of writing).
- Will we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading TUI – An Example
Let’s say you think that TUI results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of TUI using CFDs, at the current price of 955p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume TUI reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. TUI results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.