Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Segro publishes FY Results on Fri, 15 Feb.
- Last time Segro reported: Q3 Trading Update, 17 Oct.
- The shares closed +2.8% for a daily range of 17.2p or 2.8%.
- Shares -2% from 2019 highs; +12.5% from 2018 lows; +11% year-to-date.
- Currently 653p (at time of writing).
- Will we see another big share price move on Friday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Segro – An Example
Let’s say you think that Segro results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Segro using CFDs, at the current price of 653p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Segro reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. Segro results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.