Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Safestore reports H1 Results on Tuesday, 18 Jun
- Last time Safestore reported: Q1 Update, 14 Feb.
- The shares rose as much as 2% on the day for a daily range of 2.4%/14p
- Shares -1.7% from 2019 highs; +31.2% from 2019 lows; +28.6% year-to-date.
- Currently 651p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Safestore – An Example
Let’s say you think that Safestore results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Safestore using CFDs, at the current price of 651p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Safestore reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. Safestore results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.