Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Ocado issues a Q1 trading update on Tuesday, 19 March
- Last time Ocado reported: FY results, 5 Feb.
- The shares closed +4.2% for a daily range of 87p or 8.8%.
- Shares -1.1% from 2019 highs; +42.7% from 2019 lows; +39.6% year-to-date.
- Currently 1102p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Ocado – An Example
Let’s say you think that Ocado results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Ocado using CFDs, at the current price of 1102p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Ocado reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Ocado results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.