Morgan Advanced Materials
Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Morgan reports results on Friday, 9 November
- The chart shows the price movement last time Morgan reported: H1 Results, 26 July.
- Shares opened +2.4p (+0.7%, low of the day), then went on to rise as high as +13.2p (+3.8%).
- The shares closed +5.4p (+1.5%) for a daily range of 10.8p or 3.1%.
- Morgan manufactures specialty ceramic, carbon and composite products.
- Results were positive, with strong H1 organic profit growth and raised FY expectations.
- Shares -25.6% from 2018 highs; +4.1% from 2018 lows; -19.0% year-to-date.
- Recent share price range: Oct lows 264p; Oct highs 338p. Currently 273p (at time of writing).
- Morgan publishes a Q3 Trading Update on Friday, 9 Nov.
- Will we see another big move?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires
Trading Morgan – An Example
Let’s say you think that Morgan results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Morgan using CFDs, at the current price of 273p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Morgan reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. Morgan results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.