Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Man Group reports results on Friday (12th Oct)
- The chart shows the price movement last time Man Group reported: H1 Results, 1 Aug.
- The shares opened 2.4p lower (-1.4%; low of the day), but rose as highs as +11.9p (+6.9%)
- The shares closed +11.4p (+6.5%) for a daily range of 14.3p (8.2%).
- 1 Aug: Man Group first half profit rises with record net inflows
- Shares -26.4% from 2018 highs; +0.6% from 2018 lows; -25.3% year-to-date.
- Recent share price range: Oct lows 154p; Sept highs 183.5p. Currently 154.5p (at time of writing).
- Man Group issues a Q3 2018 Trading Statement on Friday (12 Oct).
- Will we see another big move?
Trading Man Group – An Example
Let’s say you think that Man Group results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Man Group using CFDs, at the current price of 154.5p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Man Group reports strong results and the shares rise 5%. Your profit would be £500, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Man Group results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.