Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
JD Wetherspoon reports H1 Results on Friday, 15 Mar
- Last time JD Wetherspoon reported: Q2 Trading Update, 23 Jan.
- The shares closed -0.3% for a daily range of 84p or 7%.
- Shares -5.5% from 2019 highs; +18.3% from 2019 lows; +13.9% year-to-date.
- Currently 1267p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Friday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading JD Wetherspoon – An Example
Let’s say you think that JD Wetherspoon results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of JD Wetherspoon using CFDs, at the current price of 1267p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume JD Wetherspoon reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. JD Wetherspoon results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.