Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
JD Sports Fashion reports results on Monday, 14 Jan
- The chart shows the price movement last time JD Sports reported: H1 Results, 11 Sept.
- The shares opened +2.6p (+0.5%), traded as high as +31.8p (+6.5%) and fell as low as -6p (-1.2%).
- Shares closed +31.8p (+6.5%), for a daily trading range of 37.8p or 7.8%.
- Shares currently at 394.3p (at time of writing)
- Shares -2.5% from 2018 highs, +10.8% from 2018 lows, +13.1% year-to-date
- JD Sports issues a Christmas trading update on Monday (14 Jan). Will we see another big move?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading JD Sports – An Example
Let’s say you think that JD Sports =results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of JD Sports using CFDs, at the current price of 394.3p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume JD Sports reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. JD Sports results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.