Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
easyJet reports Q3 Results on Thursday, 18 July
- easyJet last reported (17th May, Half Year Results)
- The shares posted a daily fall of 4.9%
- 12 July: easyJet Raised to Buy From Hold by Berenberg
- Shares -25% from 2019 highs; +21% from 2019 lows; -6.6% year-to-date.
- Currently 1026p (at time of writing).
- easyJet publishes Q3 Results on Thursday, 18 July. Will we see another big move?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AphaTerminal
Trading easyJet – An Example
Let’s say you think that easyJet results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of easyJet using CFDs, at the current price of 1026p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume easyJet reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. easyJet results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.