Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
DS Smith reports Full Year results on Thurs, 13 June
- Last time DS Smith reported: Full Year Update, 30 April
- The shares traded a 4.2% range on the day
- Shares -8.3% from 2019 highs; +17.4% from 2019 lows; +14.5% year-to-date.
- Currently 342p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Thursday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading DS Smith – An Example
Let’s say you think that DS Smith results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of DS Smith using CFDs, at the current price of 342p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume DS Smith reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. DS Smith results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.