Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Dixons Carphone reports FY Results on Thurs, 20 Jun
- Last time Dixons Carphone reported: Xmas Trading, 22 Jan.
- The shares rose as much as 5.5% on the day for a daily range of 12.1p or 8.8%.
- Shares -21.6% from 2019 highs; +10% from 2019 lows; +1.8% year-to-date.
- Currently 122.2p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big move on Thursday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Dixons Carphone – An Example
Let’s say you think that Dixons Carphone results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Dixons Carphone using CFDs, at the current price of 122.2p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Dixons Carphone reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Dixons Carphone results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.