Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
AstraZeneca publishes Full-year Results on Thurs, 14 Feb.
- Last time AstraZeneca reported: Q3 Results, 8 Nov.
- The shares closed +4.0% for a daily range of 295p or 5.0%.
- Shares -6.45% from 2018 highs; +7.2% from 2018 lows; -3.3% year-to-date.
- Currently 5678p (at time of writing).
- Will we see another big share price move on Thursday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading AstraZeneca – An Example
Let’s say you think that AstraZeneca results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of AstraZeneca using CFDs, at the current price of 5678p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume AstraZeneca reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. AstraZeneca results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.