Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Ashtead reports FY Results on Tuesday, 18 Jun
- Last time Ashtead reported: Q3 Results, 5 Mar.
- The shares traded a range of 4.2%/87p on the day.
- Shares -11.9% from 2019 highs; +22.9% from 2019 lows; +19% year-to-date.
- Currently 1950p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Ashtead – An Example
Let’s say you think that Ashtead results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Ashtead using CFDs, at the current price of 1950p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Ashtead reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 5% below the current price. Ashtead results miss, it falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.