Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Ashtead reports Q2 results on Tuesday 11 December
- The chart shows the price movement last time Ashtead reported (Q1 Results, 11 Sept).
- The shares opened +114p (+5%), went as high as +145p (+6.4%) and as low as +50p (+2.2%).
- The shares closed +118p (+5.2%), for a daily trading range of 95p or 4.2%.
- Shares -27.8% from 2018 highs, +6.3% from 2018 lows, -16.1% year-to-date.
- Currently trading at 1671p (at time of writing).
- Ashtead reports Q2 results on Tuesday 11 Dec. Will we see another big move?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Ashtead – An Example
Let’s say you think that Ashtead results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Ashtead using CFDs, at the current price of 1671p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Ashtead reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Ashtead results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.