Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Ashmore gives its Q4 Assets update on Friday, 12th
- Last time Ashmore reported: Q3 trading, 16 Apr
- The shares rose as much as 6.3% on the day for a 4.8% range
- Shares -2.1% from 2019 highs; +46.2% from 2019 lows; +42.4% year-to-date.
- Currently 520p (at time of writing).
- Will we see another big share price move on Friday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Ashmore – An Example
Let’s say you think that Ashmore results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Ashmore using CFDs, at the current price of 520p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Ashmore reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Ashmore results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.