Is this an opportunity to take a position ahead of the results?
Antofagasta reports FY Results on Tuesday, 19 Mar
- Last time Antofagasta reported: H1 Results, 14 Aug.
- The shares closed -7% for a daily range of 46.4p or 4.9%.
- Shares -5.7% from 2019 highs; +26.4% from 2019 lows; +17.4% year-to-date.
- Currently 922p (at time of writing).
- Could we see another big share price move on Tuesday?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Antofagasta – An Example
Let’s say you think that Antofagasta results are likely to be good, and the share price is likely to rise. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Antofagasta using CFDs, at the current price of 922p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume Antofagasta reports strong results and the shares rise 10%. Your profit would be £1000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the position, and place a stop-loss 3% below the current price. Antofagasta results miss, it falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.