A range trading opportunity for you?
Will Hays break support, or will it rise back to 159p?
- Sideways range since Jan, bounced off floor
- Now trades 147p (at time of writing)
- Will the pattern repeat itself, rising back to the ceiling at 159p ceiling?
- Shares -9.9% from 2019 highs; +8.6% from 2019 lows; +5.2% year-to-date.
- 16 Apr: Hays Q3 comparable net fees +6%; Says outlook good
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Hays – An Example
Let’s say you like the range, you think it’s heading back towards 159p again. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Hays using a CFD, at the current price of 147p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Hays rises to 159p (+8.1%). Your profit would be £810, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Hays falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.