Great Portland Estates
A range trading opportunity for you?
Will Great Portland Estates break support, or will it rise again to 760p (+8.4%)?
- 678-760p narrowing range since November;
- Now trading 701p (at time of writing)
- Will the pattern repeat itself, shares testing 760p highs (+8.4%)?
- Shares -9.6% from 2019 highs; +8.6% from 2019 lows; +6.7% year-to-date
- Source: Dow Jones, Bloomberg, FT, Company News, AlphaTerminal
Trading Great Portland Estates – An Example
Let’s say you like the range, you think it’s heading back towards 760p again. You decide to Buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Great Portland using a CFD, at the current price of 701p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume Great Portland rises back to range ceiling at 760p (+8.4%). Your profit would be £840, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Great Portland falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.