Time to get involved?
Tyllow Oil approves 3 offshore oil developments in Indian Ocean.
- The chart shows Tullow Oil share price movements since October 2016.
- The current share price is 181p (at time of writing).
- Shares -35.6% from 2018 highs; +6.2% from 2018 lows; -12.5% year-to-date
- Tullow Oil announced it will operate 3 offshore oil developments in Indian Ocean with Discover Exploration.
- Oil company also reinstated dividend payouts, saying it will disburse a minimum of $100m per year to shareholders.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal, CMC Markets
Trading Tullow Oil – An Example
Let’s say you think that Tullow Oil is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Tullow Oil using a CFD, at the current price of 181p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Tullow Oil shares price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Tullow Oil shares fall back 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.