Time to get involved?
Sirius Minerals Q4 Progress update
- Continues to make progress with funding for polyhalite project
- Making progress with $3bn debt component of stage-two financing.
- On track for first polyhalite and commercial production in 2021.
- Currently 21.8p (at time of writing).
- Will this update help the shares?
- Shares -43.7% from 2018 highs; +15.9% from 2018 lows; +4.8% year-to-date.
- Source: Dow Jones, Bloomberg, FT, Company News, AlphaTerminal
Trading Sirius Minerals – An Example
Let’s say you think that Sirius Minerals is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Sirius Minerals using a CFD, at the current price of 21.8p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Sirius Minerals shares price rises by 20% following the news. Your profit would be £2,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Sirius Minerals shares fall back 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.