Time to get involved?
Rio Tinto reported increased mineral reserves today
- Rio Tinto reported a +3.4% growth in Pilbara mineral resources.
- Found more iron ore at Music Hall, Old Vic and Western Hill sectors.
- Shares trade 4313p (at time of writing)
- Shares -3.9% from 2018 highs; +20.3% from 2018 lows; +15.6% year-to-date
- 28 Feb: Miner pledged record $13.5bn returns to shareholders.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Rio Tinto – An Example
Let’s say you think that Rio Tinto is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Rio Tinto using a CFD, at the current price of 4313p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Rio Tinto shares price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Rio Tinto shares fall back 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.