Time to get involved?
Polymetal completed a feasibility study of Nezhda gold mine.
- The chart shows Polymetal share price movements since December 2017.
- The current share price is 715p (at time of writing).
- Shares -24.6% from 2018 highs; +23.2% from 2018 lows; -22.3% year-to-date
- Polymetal completed a feasibility study of the Nezhda mine and is going ahead with the project
- The gold mine has “long-life, high-grade asset with robust economics”
- Project has a lifespan of 25 years and is expected to start full production in 2022.
- Recent share price range: Oct lows 600p; Oct highs 750p.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires
Trading Polymetal – An Example
Let’s say you think that Polymetal is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Polymetal using a CFD, at the current price of 715p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Polymetal share price rises by 10% following the news. Your profit would be £1,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Polymetal shares fall back 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.