Time to get involved?
Ferrexpo reports strong H1 iron-ore pellet premiums.
- The chart shows Ferrexpo share price movements since early November.
- The current share price is 187p (at time of writing).
- Shares -42.8% from 2018 highs; +33.3% from 2018 lows; -36.4% year-to-date
- Ferrexpo reports strong H1 iron-ore pellet premiums.
- Seaborne 2019 pellet demand expected strong while supply remains constrained.
- Strong cash generation from high pellet premiums helped fund an interum special dividend (6.6p/share, double the previous year’s).
- Will the strong demand for iron ore help the shares regain positive momentum?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal, CMC Markets
Trading Ferrexpo – An Example
Let’s say you think that Ferrexpo is likely to rise as a result of this news. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Ferrexpo using a CFD, at the current price of 187p. To do this, you need £2,000.
For the purpose of this example, let’s assume the Ferrexpo share price rises by 5% following the news. Your profit would be £500, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Ferrexpo shares fall back 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.