Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will Standard Chartered turn, or will it continue to rise to 858p highs (+15%)?
- Shares +30% from March lows; breakout above 700p
- Now 740p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum take them back to prior 858p highs (+15%)?
- Shares -0.3% from 2019 highs; +29.1% from 2019 lows; +21.6% year-to-date
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Standard Chartered – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Standard Chartered using a CFD, at the current price of 740p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Standard Chartered trend continues to 858p highs (+15%). Your profit would be £1500, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Standard Chartered falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.