St James’s Place
Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will St James’s Place turn, or will it continue to rise to 1155p October highs?
- Shares +12.5% in 2 weeks.
- Shares rally since the wealth manager reported than funds increased in 2018.
- Now trading 1046p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum continue to 1155p October highs?
- Shares -0.1% from 2019 highs; +13.7% from 2019 lows; +10.8% year-to-date.
- 27 Feb: Citi says, St James’s Place cash generation shows the model is working
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading St James’s Place – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of St James’s Place using a CFD, at the current price of 1046p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the St James’s Place trend continues to 1155p October highs (+10.4%). Your profit would be £1040, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. St James’s Place falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.