Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will Marshalls turn back, or will it continue to make new all time highs?
- Shares +7.7% from April lows; Now 662p (at the time of writing).
- Will the record high keep going towards new all time highs of 750p?
- 14 Mar: Marshalls 2018 Pretax Profit Up 21%; Declares Special Dividend
- Shares -1.1% from 2019 highs; +16.4% from 2019 lows; +14.5% year-to-date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Marshalls – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Marshalls using a CFD, at the current price of 662p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Marshalls trend continues to previous 750p highs (+13.2%). Your profit would be £1320, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Marshalls falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.