Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will Kier Group turn, or will it continue to rise towards highs of 280p?
- Shares +27% from recent lows; Now trading 177p (at time of writing);
- Will the positive momentum continue towards highs of 280p?
- Shares -67.4% from 2019 highs; +26.5% from 2019 lows; -56.3% year-to-date
- 10 Jun: Kier tops contractors’ league table in May says ABI
- Woodford-inspired sell-off wearing off. Short squeeze?
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Kier Group – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue up to 280p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Kier Group using a CFD, at the current price of 177p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Kier Group trend continues to highs of 280p (+58%). Your profit would be £5800, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. Kier Group falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.