Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will KAZ Minerals turn, or will it continue to rise to 740p highs?
- Shares +13% in a week after 32% sell-off ; Now 566p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum take them back to 740p highs?
- Shares -23.9% from 2019 highs; +14.9% from 2019 lows; +6.5% year-to-date
- 10 Jun: Base-metal Miners hit by easing of trade worries
- 29 April: Weak Q1 shouldn’t obscure Aktogay potential says Peel Hunt
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading KAZ Minerals – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of KAZ Minerals using a CFD, at the current price of 566p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the KAZ Minerals trend continues to 740p highs (+30%). Your profit would be £3,000, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 5% from the current price. KAZ Minerals falls 5% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £500.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.