Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will Intertek turn, or will it continue to rise to 6073p July highs?
- Shares +14% from recent lows; Now 5202p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum take them back to July 6073p highs?
- Shares -1% from 2019 highs; +13.5% from 2019 lows; +8.4% year-to-date.
- Hopes of soft Brexit benefiting shares
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Intertek – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Intertek using a CFD, at the current price of 5202p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Intertek trend continues to 6073p July highs (+16.7%). Your profit would be £1670, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Intertek falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.