Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will Hargreaves Lansdown turn, or will it continue to rise to new all time highs?
- Shares +7.4% from recent bounce
- Now trading 2391p (at the time of writing)
- Will the positive momentum continue to new all time highs of 2700p?
- Shares -0.6% from 2019 highs; +47.2% from 2019 lows; +29.3% year-to-date
- 15 May: Higher Assets Under Administration Prompted Growth in Net Revenue
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Hargreaves Lansdown – An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue towards 2700p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Hargreaves Lansdown using a CFD, at the current price of 2391p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Hargreaves Lansdown trend continues to 2700p (+12.9%). Your profit would be £1290, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 4% from the current price. Hargreaves Lansdown falls 4% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £400.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.