Is this trend a good trading opportunity?
Will CRH turn, or will it continue to rise towards 2018 highs of 2879p (+6.8%)?
- Shares +7.3% from recent lows; 2019 uptrend
- Now 2695p (at the time of writing).
- Will the positive momentum take them to 2018 highs at 2879p (+6.8%)?
- Shares -0.1% from 2019 highs; +34.1% from 2019 lows; +30.1% year-to-date.
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading CRH– An Example
Let’s say the trend appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of CRH using a CFD, at the current price of 2695p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the CRH trend continues to 2018 highs of 2879p (+6.8%). Your profit would be £680, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. CRH falls 3% and hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.