Getting latest data loading
Home / Is It Worth Buying Royal Mail Shares?

Is It Worth Buying Royal Mail Shares?

CFDs, Spreadbetting and FX involve a high level of risk and you can lose more than your original investment. It is not suitable for everyone so please ensure you understand the risks involved.

Royal Mail Shares Report

Telephone required to win your £100 Amazon voucher. Winner notified by text message. Prize drawn monthly.

When you submit this form you automatically consent to receiving email marketing messages from Accendo Markets. If you do not wish to receive these messages, simply tick this box. Ticking this box will not unsubscribe you if you have previously consented to receive email marketing.

We are an FCA regulated UK company. We will never share details with third parties. When you submit your details, you consent to us holding and safeguarding them in line with our privacy policy. Read more here.

You can opt out of emails at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' button.

Are you thinking about buying Royal Mail shares? If you are, please complete the form opposite to receive your free report.

Your  free Royal Mail Shares report will tell you 5 important facts which you need to know before you invest:

  • When and how to buy Royal Mail shares
  • When to sell Royal mail shares
  • Pitfalls and perils
  • Mistakes to avoid
  • The right investment strategy

Alternatively, if you’d like to open a live account to begin trading the shares, visit our account application page

Anyone already trading Royal Mail shares will know that the company is duly responsible for the large and never ending task of organising all the mail collection and delivery across England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Island and various outlying islands. Until September 2013, the company was, through the Postal Services Holding Company plc, owned in full by the government. The Postal Services Holding Company plc is the parent company of Post Office Ltd, which split from the Royal Mail in 2012. These are essential facts to bear in mind if you buy Royal Mail shares.

Traders dealing in Royal Mail shares will be interested to learn that thanks to the Postal Services Act of 2011, the government has the power to privatise 90% of Royal Mail. The remaining 10% must always be kept by Royal Mail employees. An announcement in September 2013 highlighted this fact, when the government decided that it would privatise the Royal Mail in a project costing $3 billion. The government chose to sell half of the firm, with up to 70% of Royal Mail shares allocated to institutional investors and city banks, whilst the remaining 30% would go to smaller investors.

Royal Mail shares traders know that the Royal Mail provides a number of services. The universal service ensures that items can be sent any distance within the UK at a fixed price. Special delivery guarantees delivery either by 9am or 1pm the following day at an increased cost. Service quality for this particular service has remained high at 99% and is used by several major businesses. Bear this in mind if you want to buy Royal Mail shares.

Royal Mail shares’ values reflect the profits or losses of the postal business. Alongside the main stamped mail services, the Royal Mail offers a business mail service which is for PPI or franked mail. Historically, the Royal Mail has at one time or another also offered telegram, telephone and national saving and investment services. It also used to be the case that benefits and pensions were paid in cash via the post office. Now most of these transactions are carried out by BACS, which has meant some loss of revenue for the Royal Mail, a key fact to consider if you buy Royal Mail shares.

Are you interested in buying Royal Mail shares? Why not contact Accendo Markets for some introductory guidance on trading them via shares or CFDs? Our skilled brokers will have all the information you need to decide whether buying Royal Mail shares is for you, although we do not provide advice. In addition, our high quality trading platform will equip you with all the tools needed to begin a long and successful trading career. With many years’ combined experience in the finance industry, the team at Accendo Markets are dedicated to getting things right for you.

Any Questions?

Telephone: Call us now on

020 3051 7461
0800 520 0201

Enter your telephone number, win a Nexus Tablet. Winners notified by text message. Terms and Conditions Apply.

CFDs, spreadbetting and spot FX are leveraged products & can result in losses exceeding your initial deposit. They are not suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you understand the risks.
The value of shares can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invest.

Telephone calls and online chat conversations may be monitored and recorded for regulatory and training purposes.

* We provide these as underlying assets to CFDs and Spreadbets.

To view our policies and terms, please click here

This website is not intended for or directed at residents of the United States or any country outside the UK. It is not intended for use by or distribution to any person in any jurisdiction or country where its use or distribution would contravene any regulation or local law.
Prices on this page are delayed.

Like many websites, we use cookies for statistical purposes and to acquire information on general internet use. This helps ensure that you get the full benefit of our services, and enhances your browsing experience . For more details on the cookies we use, view our privacy policy under the heading 'How We Use Cookies'. By using this website, we'll assume that you're happy to receive all cookies from Accendo Markets.
Removing cookies may impede the operation of some parts of this website. For general information about cookies and how to remove them, please click here 

Accendo Markets Ltd - 1 Alie Street, London, E1 8DE (UK) Telephone: 020 3051 7461 - Accendo Markets Ltd. is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) No. 475285. Accendo Markets Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6417051. © Copyright Accendo Markets Ltd 2015. All rights reserved.