Standard Life Aberdeen
Is this breakout a good trade for you?
Will Standard Life Aberdeen turn, or will it continue to rise towards 272p?
- Breakout above 253p resistance; Now trading 255p (at time of writing).
- Could they recover to prior highs of 272p?
- Shares -6.4% from 2019 highs; +10.5% from 2019 lows; -0.6% year-to-date
- 13 Mar: Martin Gilbert to give up co-CEO role, focusing on new business
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading Standard Life Aberdeen – An Example
Let’s say the breakout appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue towards 272p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of Standard Life using a CFD, at the current price of 255p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the Standard Life trend continues to highs of 272p (+6.6%). Your profit would be £660, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. Sports Direct breaks lower, falling 3% and it hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.