Is this breakout a good trade for you?
Will PageGroup turn, or will it continue to rise towards 510p?
- Breakout above 467p Feb highs; Now trading 483p (at time of writing).
- Could they recover to prior highs of 510p?
- Shares -0.1% from 2019 highs; +13.9% from 2019 lows; +7.2% year-to-date
- 7 Mar: Numis upgrades to Buy, with a 650p target.
- 6 Mar: Earnings ahead of expectations says Jefferies
- 6 Mar: 2018 pre-tax profits +20%, final dividend +4.6%
- Source: Bloomberg, FT, Reuters, DJ Newswires, AlphaTerminal
Trading PageGroup – An Example
Let’s say the breakout appeals to you, you think it’s likely to continue towards 510p. You decide to buy exposure to £10,000 worth of PageGroup using a CFD, at the current price of 483p. To do this, you need £2,000.
Let’s assume the PageGroup trend continues to highs of 510p (+5.5%). Your profit would be £550, from your initial investment of £2,000.
Conversely, let’s assume you open the above position, and place a stop-loss at 3% from the current price. PageGroup breaks lower, falling 3% and it hits your stop-loss. Your loss would be £300.
This is provided for information purposes only. It should not be taken as a recommendation.